12.23.2008

Decembers to Remember

I've been thinking about this date - December 23rd - a little bit... Turns out this particular date has a great deal of significance.

First: December 23, 2003. This was the day I was first admitted inpatient to EDC-D for an eating disorder. Not a jolly time, but extremely meaningful. 2003 may not have been a good year in the traditional sense, but I did some hard work and began on the path to recovery. It has been paying off ever since. Thank you, Luke, for not accepting my eating disorder as just a part of me or tolerating it even though it's awfully hard to communicate through mental illness. You have been an excellent husband and friend.

Second: December 23 (or could have been the 25th, but let's not split hairs!), 2007. This may be TMI big-time, but little Rushie was conceived! You don't have to visualize it. But it happened. After 24 months of trying to grow our family, BAM! A baby. A person whose LIFE started right then. That's a date I will never forget. Or January 9, 2008 when I found out I was pregnant. Never thought I'd see the word "pregnant" on that test (it was one of those nifty digital ones)...I nearly peed my pants, but there wasn't anymore pee left.





















So there you have it. The day before Christmas Eve brings with it some emotionally differing but equally intense things to ponder. The beginning of an escape from a destructive relationship with an eating disorder and the beginning of a beautiful life. God's timing is interesting and begs me to take notice of all that He's accomplished in our lives.

Thank you God, for sending your Son and taking care of your children. You are graciously in control.

Merry Christmas!




1 comment:

Naomi Haverland said...

Kristin! I am excited to discover that I can finally spy on you now! We think I conceived Roxanne on Christmas Eve too. We always do the deed on Christmas Eve- it is my favorite Christmas tradition.