So, what's happened in the past few months? Let me tell you!
Late January: We went on a family road trip to Wichita, Kansas to see our dear friends. We had a fun time hanging out with Ben and Erin Hutton and their kiddos. We watched the Super Bowl, made introductions to Rush, ate fast food (a must in Wichita - Freddy's!), and generally had a relaxing time. I LOVE my trips out there and the anticipation of them too! It's usually brief, but well worth the drive. Catching up face-to-face is a rich time.
Rush and Luke hanging out in the Hutton's kitchen on Super Bowl Sunday:

In February Rush started teething. Don't get too excited - he STILL doesn't have teeth! The running joke is that every bout of fussiness, every drop of drool can be accounted to the much-elusive "teething." Yeah right. We figure one day Rush will actually have teeth. In the meantime, he eats everything just fine with his hard little gums. He's like a toothless old man chopping on his food. Of couse it's very sweet. I'll put in my two cents: My mom instict says he'll get a tooth in the next three weeks. No reason, just a feeling. :)
February 16th marked Luke and my seventh wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we went out on a date and my sister Rachel looked after Rush. We went to Guiseppe's Depot downtown and enjoyed a yummy dinner. During the meal, I presented to Luke a fun gift. It was a scrapbook called "I love you because..." documenting all the things that I particularly love about him. It was fun to essemble during the weeks leading up to our anniversary and Luke got a kick out of it.
March was fairly uneventful. Luke and I made an effort to get out of the house more, so we had the opportunity to drop Rush off with his folks here and there. We saw a movie, grabbed dinner a couple times and went to Denver.
April was a jam-packed month. The first of April marks the date that I started my new Arbonne business. I am a consultant for the Swiss skin care company and I continue to enjoy building my business. I had two business launches/parties in early April and jumped right in to calling people, booking presentations and parties, learning details about how to be successful, listening to conference calls, and figuring things out! My sponsor is my buddy Deb and we LOVE working together.
April 7th, Rush and I headed out to New Jersey to visit the fam and Luke hopped a flight to Germany! We had some fun traveling. I celebrated my 27th birthday on the 9th in Succasunna with my parents and grandmother. Easter weekend was a whirlwind there too with services, visiting old friends and TRYING to get some sleep at night - Rush was in a Pack N Play next to my bed. When he knows I'm right there, he likes to make a big fuss ALL NIGHT LONG! I woke up in the mornings feeling like I had been hit by a bus. A big one.
Rush patiently waiting for the shuttle to the Denver Airport the morning of April 7th:

My dad goofing around with his Good Friday service outfit:

Luke visited his cousin Abe overseas and had a good time sightseeing and enjoying the German countryside. Lots of historical places to see and beer to drink!
April 15th I headed back to the Springs (Luke returned the day before) and had a great flight back. Rushie and I had the entire row on the plane to ourselves. Sigh of relief! Oh, and he flirted with just about everyone.
May was another busy month, primarily for my new business. Loads of parties and learning, learning, learning. It's been so exciting and worthwhile. I'm really glad I jumped in with both feet. I know I would have regreted saying no because of fear/the unknown.
Visit from the folks:
Another major happening - Rush was dedicated to the Lord on Mother's Day! My parents came to Colorado for the occasion. We had a nice lunch following the service. Rachel and Rich joined us for food and celebrating Rush and moms. Fun times.

And the most amazing part of May (drum roll!!!)...Our babe started sleeping through the night! Hooray! Eight months, but Rush finally accomplished it. Of course there's the occasional night of fussing, but overall, he's down till morning most of the time. All I can say is THANK YOU LORD! I was starting to wonder when the blessed event would happen. I guess Rush just likes to take his time.
Luke, Rush and I took another weekend trip to Wichita to see the Huttons and do an Arbonne party. Rush did well in the car. However, the drives do take longer with a baby. He's worth it though! We were only out there for a day and a half, but we grabbed some Freddy's hot dogs again, toasted s'mores on the deck, played Rock Band on the Wii and got to see Erin's pregnant belly (baby number three is due in November!).
Rush and Luke at a rest stop on the way home:

Now here we are in June. What's going on, you may ask. I don't have a good answer. I suppose one of the main things going on is hardly about our family. It's the NBA Finals. We've been watching the games and admiring superb athletics.
We've started up our summertime evening walks. Just tonight we tossed Rush in the stroller after Luke got home from work and took a stroll through the neighborhood.
Also, I have been promoted in Arbonne to District Manager. It was important to me to work hard and excel in the business right from the start. I am so proud to have met the goal of District Manager - and in just two months!
I've started a new book series by Ted Dekker (courtesy of friend Erin). I'm really liking the story of book one - "Black"! It's weird, but so interesting. Helps me feel good about Twilight being over. Also, I'm continuing to meet with my book club. Nice excuse to sip some wine, blab, laugh and talk about books a little. ;-)
Well, that does it for now on the updates! Hope you feel somewhat filled in. I'm going to try really hard this time to keep up on the blog. Between email, texting, and Facebook sometimes it seems there are way too many ways to stay in touch with people! What a burden...just kidding!
We love you and hope to have opportunities to talk to you or - better yet - see you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment