I have decided to be a little more organized in 2010. First, I've been a total stud and gone to the gym for the last several days in a row (just as Luke and I decided to cancel our membership...after budgeting...long story). Anyway, I'm getting my fill of outside the house workouts - and childcare! - between now and the 14th. I am committed to stay plenty active even after we say goodbye to the Y.
The next area of improvement involves our entire family. The previously mentioned budget. Cash system, baby!!! I've got my envelopes and cash all squared away for January. We'll being cashing-it for all flexible categories of our budget. I.e. Discretionary for Luke and I, Misc, Dates, Household, blah, blah, blah. I really hope we crack down and start being ultra cheap. I love spending significantly less than we have and I think the cash will help us even more. Luke and I tend to be pretty cheap compared to many already, but I know there's room for improvement. Feel free to hold me accountable to our new budgie! I am so exctied to see how it goes.
I have been working to re-organize my closet (and entire life while I'm at it). It's been a couple days of blasting through all the crap that has accumulated in there. My closet is relatively big, so I was surprised at all that can hide in there. I think the last time I really cleaned and organized it was right before Rush was born. You can thoroughly judge me now. But, I'm turning a new leaf and cleaning house. I have a goal to have the ENTIRE home organized to my liking (I actually have pretty high standards on this) by April. Why giving myself so much time? Another resolution: I am promoting in my Arbonne business! I am due to be Area Manager by Feb 1st. Needless to say, January will not likely be the month I'm a good housekeeper. At least it better not be! I need to be one busy bee.
Hmmm. I guess that's not that many resolutions after all. No biggie. I bet those will be hard enough! The organizing one makes me want to puke and cry for joy at the same time. I love getting organized. But not at the price of other important things. Rush is not the best independent player so he kinda freaks out when I start doing other things. He also likes to un-do everything I do...So it's pretty much reserved for when he's sleeping. Which isn't very many hours of the day at all! I am thrilled if I get 2.
Another resolution: Read a good book on toddler parenting and discipline. I think I may really need it. I don't have a clue where to begin. It's not like I let Rush do whatever he wants, breeding a total brat. But sometimes I really think I'm doing everything very wrong. Probably a normal feeling, but I'll tell you what, I would love your feedback/ideas. Any good books? Any good classes? Have you seen me do something you think deserves some hard-hitting criticism? Don't answer that one.
Here's to the new year and all the fun, blood, sweat and tears that will come along with it!
1.06.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Try "Shepherding a Child's Heart"
YES! A long time ago I heard someone blabbing about that book, but I didn't have any kids so I didn't make a point of noting the title. Thanks for the help! Off to Amazon to order...Thanks Daph
Post a Comment