So Rush has been sleeping peacefully this afternoon *grateful sigh* and I have used the time to catch up on my coupon clipping. As lousy as it sounds (and trust me, it's very lousy to sit and clip coupons), it saves a boatload of money. Last Friday I saved 60% (well over $100!!!) at King Soopers by using my coupons, store card and following sales. If you haven't heard about The Grocery Game, go to thegrocerygame.com to check it out. Although there's a free trial, you don't have to join or use the list to save big, but it saves some time, especially if you're a beginner. I've been doing the game since last February and my grocery bill has gone way down (used to shop at Wal-Mart). I continue to use their list because I'd rather someone else do the work. Clipping those darn coupons is hard enough for me (not only is it tedious, it's a bit messy). I'm fine with paying a tiny bit for an organized list of what's worth buying. Anyway, I've lost my train of thought...
I have to go to the store after Rush wakes up. Soooo dreading it. My secret is to give him one of the free cookies after I get through produce and bread/cheese area - right when the excitement of being somewhere new has worn off. It takes him about 20 minutes to eat the silly thing, which is great. He's pretty obnoxious at the grocery store, but what kid isn't? The biggest pain is getting through the checkout line without him losing it. By the time I'm done shopping he's desperate to RUN AWAY from me. It's kind of sad that a half hour facing my pretty mug makes him that restless! Oh well, a little preview for when he gets older and I indefinitely will become super-lame.
One great thing about Rush at the store: He's so sweet to everyone he comes in contact with. He smiles and talks to everyone, says "BYE" very loud whenever we leave and loves all the attention. And he gets a lot of attention! He's just that cute. I'll try to snag a picture of him today - see if I can capture some of the sweetness - and post it.
Better dash to pack up our grocery bags and diaper bag essentials (i.e. pacifier and sippy cup). Then we'll face the madness of Friday afternoon grocery shopping. Oh, and it's Super Bowl weekend...Prepare for disoriented men scattered about.
2.05.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment